Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Birthday Weekend: 2 delicious Boston Restaurants

I Love Birthday Week!

Who doesn't love birthdays?! They're full of excitement and joy all around, and somehow never seem to have a dull moment. I was lucky enough to have wonderfully extraordinary people help me celebrate this year! I was taken to 2 different restaurants I've been dying to try for months! I'm thrilled to say, they did NOT disappoint! Before I move on, a big THANK YOU to these two people who made this week so special.

 
 

Sam's @ Louis

  • located on the waterfront
  • gorgeous harbor views
  • a modern/diner feel inside
  • creativity on all aspects of the restaurant (food menu, drink menu, chalkboard walls!)
  • great wait staff: friendly and exciting
 
This restaurant was absolutely worth the 6 month wait that I have been trying to go to this location. **Lesson Learned. Make Reservations a day in advance!
 
Drink special with flowers :)




Right when you walk in, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. And that is exactly what we did! We first ordered drinks, mine the drink special (which I could not even pronounce) was delicious. It was a martini with aperol and other liquors. It came complete with flowers in the drinks. How perfect for celebrating a birthday! And let me say it was delicious. They also have a craft beer list (all bottle, no tap), as well as wines.
 
 




We decided to skip appetizers this time, which was perfectly okay with me since my falafel dish definitely filled me up. This was surprising, as it didn't look to large. I received 2 falafel patties over a bed of arugula and cucumbers. It had a crème sauce drizzled on the top with a spicy red sauce around the plate to compliment the flavors. This dish was fantastic! I'm not a vegetarian but do like non meat dishes every now and then, and I'm so happy I chose this. It was a bit spicy but tasted so good, I couldn't stop! If you so happened to have a bite of everything put together, all of the flavors really come out. The crème and spicy sauce counteract with each other so one is not to spicy and the other is not to heavy. Order this!!
 
We also skipped dessert as we were getting ice cream at my hometowns ice cream spot: Bedford Farms (FAVORITE PLACE EVER). But the waiter was very courteous about it and let us sit and talk as long as we wanted without rushing to bring the check.
 
The one thing I would have liked to see improved is the beginning bread and butter. Pretty plain, nothing special. I could take whipped butter from my fridge and do the same. Otherwise, try this place out! You won't be disappointed.
 

Eastern Standard

  • Reservations are a must a few days in advance!
  • Large drink menu; they get very creative here
  • Raw Bar
  • Small entrees, but they are the perfect size
  • The wait staff, again, is very nice and open to helping with suggestions
  • Inside: gives an older Boston vibe, with dim lights, almost like it was right before the 1st recession
Here we received the typical bread, but it came with pickled veggies. I LOVED this and couldn't get enough. Again, we skipped appetizers and went straight for the meal. I decided on the hake [note: unfortunately, I do not have a picture of this]. This was decent but came with an overly spicy sauce that made it a little tough to continue eating the entire plate. It was absolutely tasty, however. Looks like I need to work on my spicy tolerance! The plate was the perfect size, once again. Not overly filling but didn't leave me hungry.
 
A mix between a mojito and martini
 


The waitress, upon carding me for my beverage (I still look 16...), noticed it was my birthday! I have never seen a waitress so excited before! This made the night very special. She took the liberty upon herself to present me with a Happy Birthday chocolate mousse, one of there delectable desserts! I was blown away, we hadn't even mentioned anything about my birthday! And let me just mention... This was SO GOOD!! We ate the entire thing without even thinking twice.
 







Overall, another gem for the birthday weekend! I told you guys, I was amazingly lucky. I almost feel spoiled here!
 
Comment Below!
Any Restaurant gems you suggest? Where is your favorite place to eat or where is that one place you have been dying to go?!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment