Sunday, August 10, 2014

The start of the Journey

Beginning in May, I had a great opportunity to travel around Southern New England for my job. As a tech rep for New Balance, I am constantly on a road in areas I would have never found myself. I was told upon taking this job that I would be seeing an infamous amount of Chipotle and fast food, and to start liking it. Well, for those who may know me, that was never going to happen. Chain restaurants. They just aren't for me. It's not exciting to walk in and eat the same thing everyday, or see the same things on the menu. I wanted culture, local shops and cafes, and to find little hidden gems in all areas I travel, and although repeating areas I visit, to always find somewhere new. Therefore, I created one outside of work goal for myself while on the road:

I will not eat at chain restaurants.

I'm happy to say 3 months later, that I still have yet to do so. As you will find on this blog, I have found many little cafes and sandwiches shops that have changed my view on what a delicious lunch may be. It's an exciting ride, especially when there is just that one sandwich, or meal that just blows you away.

So here's to all things running and New Balance, with some tasty treats along the way!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment